This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Is there any possibility to parallel compilation in a single file?
- From: Markus Trippelsdorf <markus at trippelsdorf dot de>
- To: "Gengyulei (Gengyl)" <gengyulei at huawei dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 10:21:18 +0200
- Subject: Re: Is there any possibility to parallel compilation in a single file?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <68F796C32E86164B912241DBB365994357E5AF8D at SZXEMA501-MBS dot china dot huawei dot com>
On 2014.07.29 at 08:07 +0000, Gengyulei (Gengyl) wrote:
> Is there any possibility to parallel the compilation in a single file
> scope? For large application the compilation time is long, although
> we can parallel the process at the level of files, we still try to
> find a way to accelerate the compilation in a single file. Can we
> change some serial process into
> Parallel? Could you give me some advices? Thank you very much.
Compiling with -flto=<number of cores> and gcc-4.9 should help.