This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Does -fdump-tree-original-raw dumps out the full AST?
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- To: Francois Berenger <francois dot berenger dot working at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:29:23 -0400
- Subject: Re: Does -fdump-tree-original-raw dumps out the full AST?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMQaOgNRP4=kYwWOZGxDCCBdcetHFGzQvZ2jWXTyfXAxzWXUvw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 7:17 AM, Francois Berenger
> Complete in the sense that, by parsing back this text file
> with an external program it would be possible to reconstruct the original AST
> that gcc was working on (and dumped out).
It isn't. These dumps are meant to be debugging aids. It is not
possible to reconstruct the original program out of them.