This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC version bikeshedding
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 22:00:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: GCC version bikeshedding
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140720165506 dot GT3003 at laptop dot redhat dot com> <7564e4f5-8030-4a23-8b0b-b1262265a349 at email dot android dot com> <20140720170146 dot GU3003 at laptop dot redhat dot com> <53CF8E48 dot 8090003 at redhat dot com> <CAKOQZ8yvTaos4Qo=cBEF070_rZkF9V-2L-76R6i7KLisBMEn-g at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 09:20:23AM -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> I think that if anybody has strong objections, now is the time to make
> them. Otherwise I think we should go with this plan.
My preference was to keep the current versioning scheme, after all, even
right now it is IMHO worthwhile to tell users about to significant user
visible change with libstdc++ ABI.
But not a strong objection from me.