This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC version bikeshedding
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 11:28:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: GCC version bikeshedding
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140720165506 dot GT3003 at laptop dot redhat dot com> <7564e4f5-8030-4a23-8b0b-b1262265a349 at email dot android dot com> <20140720170146 dot GU3003 at laptop dot redhat dot com>
On 07/20/2014 06:01 PM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 05:59:08PM +0100, Richard Biener wrote:
I understood we agreed on 5.0 and further 5.1, 5.2 releases from the
branch and 6.0 a year later. With unspecified uses for the patch level
number (so leave it at zero).
Ian/Jason, is that your understanding too?
I didn't think that we had come to a decision, but I don't mind going
ahead with this pattern.