This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC version bikeshedding
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 22:40:51 +0200
- Subject: Re: GCC version bikeshedding
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140720165506 dot GT3003 at laptop dot redhat dot com> <7564e4f5-8030-4a23-8b0b-b1262265a349 at email dot android dot com> <87ha2ao6hj dot fsf at talisman dot default>
> Was this a Cauldron thing? Could you summarise it for the people who
> weren't there? I don't strongly object, but it seems like unnecessary
Yeah, bumping the major version number every year is a bit ridiculous. Not as
ridiculous as Firefox, but still.