This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC version bikeshedding
- From: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- To: Paulo Matos <paulo at matos-sorge dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 14:28:37 -0700
- Subject: Re: GCC version bikeshedding
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140720165506 dot GT3003 at laptop dot redhat dot com> <7564e4f5-8030-4a23-8b0b-b1262265a349 at email dot android dot com> <lqh7at$shq$1 at ger dot gmane dot org>
Paulo Matos <email@example.com> writes:
> That's what I understood as well. Someone mentioned to leave the patch
> level number to the distros to use which sounded like a good idea.
Sounds like a bad idea, as then there would be non unique gcc versions.
redhat gcc 5.0.2 potentially being completely different from suse gcc