This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Comparison of GCC-4.9 and LLVM-3.4 performance on SPECInt2000 for x86-64 and ARM
- From: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- To: Renato Golin <renato dot golin at linaro dot org>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, Bingfeng Mei <bmei at broadcom dot com>, Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, "gcc.gcc.gnu.org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 17:11:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: Comparison of GCC-4.9 and LLVM-3.4 performance on SPECInt2000 for x86-64 and ARM
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53A98705 dot 10909 at redhat dot com> <53A98CE2 dot 9080108 at arm dot com> <53A98F0A dot 7000802 at redhat dot com> <53A991D7 dot 6070709 at arm dot com> <53A993F8 dot 7030101 at redhat dot com> <B71DF1153024A14EABB94E39368E44A6042CE185 at SJEXCHMB13 dot corp dot ad dot broadcom dot com> <CAMSE1kdDrF1urKf5yeoou3Y_o2gf8Gk5CTWw4_i3_sCjaA54gg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140715144356 dot GC11265 at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <CAMSE1kexDp5gcZe_hvTxdW_odouf9Mzs7idw-73p9BZ0RZDczw at mail dot gmail dot com>
> On 15 July 2014 15:43, Jan Hubicka <email@example.com> wrote:
> > I also noticed that GCC code size is bigger for both firefox and libreoffice.
> > There was some extra bloat in 4.9 compared to 4.8.
> > Martin did some tests with -O2 and various flags, perhaps we could trottle
> > some of -O2 optimizations.
> Now that you mention, I do believe that was with 4.9 in comparison
> with both 4.8 and LLVM 3.4, all on -O3, around Feb.
> Unfortunately, I can't share with you the results, but since both
> firefox and libreoffice show the same behaviour, I guess you already
> have a way through.
Well, not really - those are really huge codebases and thus hard to analyze,
so I did not have time to nail it down to something useful yet.