Re: SPEC 2006 - binary size comparison for Options that control Optimization

On 07/15/2014 09:50 AM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 12:45 AM, Martin LiÅka <mliska@suse.cz> wrote:
  Hello,
    following table compares optimization levels as -O0, -Os, -O1-3 and
-Ofast. Columns in the table include all ELF sections bigger than 5% for a
binary. Apart from that I took -O2 as a base option and I tried to disable
every option in this level. Similarly I measured impact of the rest of
optimizations enabled in O3 or Ofast. That gives us about 100 configurations
that can be compared for speed. I would like to ask Honza to mark
configurations that make sense to be run for speed comparison.

Can you remove debug_str and debug_info from this list as they only
change the file size and not the mapped in size?

Thanks,
Andrew
Sure, I added new column SIZE_WITHOUT_DEBUG, where I compare sum of all sections that do not start with '.debug.*'.

Martin

Thanks,
Martin