This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SPEC 2006 - binary size comparison for Options that control Optimization
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: Martin LiÅka <mliska at suse dot cz>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 00:50:22 -0700
- Subject: Re: SPEC 2006 - binary size comparison for Options that control Optimization
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53C4DC07 dot 3060003 at suse dot cz>
On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 12:45 AM, Martin LiÅka <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> following table compares optimization levels as -O0, -Os, -O1-3 and
> -Ofast. Columns in the table include all ELF sections bigger than 5% for a
> binary. Apart from that I took -O2 as a base option and I tried to disable
> every option in this level. Similarly I measured impact of the rest of
> optimizations enabled in O3 or Ofast. That gives us about 100 configurations
> that can be compared for speed. I would like to ask Honza to mark
> configurations that make sense to be run for speed comparison.
Can you remove debug_str and debug_info from this list as they only
change the file size and not the mapped in size?