This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 4.9.1 Status Report (2014-07-10)
- From: "Franzi Edo." <edo dot franzi at ukos dot ch>
- To: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- Cc: "pinskia at gmail dot com" <pinskia at gmail dot com>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 20:52:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: GCC 4.9.1 Status Report (2014-07-10)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140710103011 dot GE31640 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <4E484367-BB51-4E47-A5C6-7A71C9A5FC83 at ukos dot ch> <CAKOQZ8yFgUf092b9-F+Hf_ZTZhiNdxQGJJ8znLPxVCw9MhFshg at mail dot gmail dot com> <24B0C232-909F-40BD-BD3A-32DA133E4035 at gmail dot com> <53BF13CB dot 7080001 at oarcorp dot com>
Thank you for your suggestions.
Unfortunately, no way!
I tried these actions:
1. using apple-gcc4.2 for building my cross gcc compiler
2. I tried XCode (llvm)
3. I tried to add this
make CFLAGS="-g -O2 -fbracket-depth=512”
(512, 1024, 2048 … no way)!
4. I can generate my cross compiler based on the "gcc 4.8.3” without problem (using both the apple-gcc4.2 or the XCode llvm)
So, what has changed of fundamental between the 4.8.3 and the 4.9 versions?
So, I am a bit without ideas
On 11 Jul 2014, at 00:29, Joel Sherrill <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 7/10/2014 5:14 PM, email@example.com wrote:
>>> On Jul 10, 2014, at 3:13 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>>> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Franzi Edo. <email@example.com> wrote:
>>>> As for the version 4.9.0, on OSX stil remain a problem.
>>>> I cannot build an ARM a cross compiler!
>>>> Here is the message (same as for the 4.9.0)
>>>> .../Packages/gcc-4.9.1/gcc/config/arm/neon.md:3486:10917: fatal error:
>>>> bracket nesting level exceeded maximum of 256
>>>> .../Packages/gcc-4.9.1/gcc/config/arm/neon.md:3486:10917: note: use
>>>> -fbracket-depth=N to increase maximum nesting level
>>>> 32 warnings and 1 error generated.
>>>> make: *** [insn-attrtab.o] Error 1
>>> You did not include enough context to be sure, but I don't think that
>>> error message is coming from GCC. At least, I don't see that error
>>> message in the GCC sources.
>>> I think that error message is coming from the host compiler you are
>>> using, in which case, based on the error message, the solution would
>>> seem to be
>>> make CFLAGS="-g -O2 -fbracket-depth=512"
>> Also i thought we did not support cross building with anything besides gcc.
> The RTEMS community sees this when using clang/llvm on FreeBSD.
> Franzi.. did the suggestion from Chris Johns to increase the limit
> to 1024, not work?
> This ended up being reported at http://llvm.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=19650
> Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
> joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
> Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
> Support Available (256) 722-9985