This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 4.9.1 Status Report (2014-07-10)
- From: pinskia at gmail dot com
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: "Franzi Edo." <edo dot franzi at ukos dot ch>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 15:14:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: GCC 4.9.1 Status Report (2014-07-10)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140710103011 dot GE31640 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <4E484367-BB51-4E47-A5C6-7A71C9A5FC83 at ukos dot ch> <CAKOQZ8yFgUf092b9-F+Hf_ZTZhiNdxQGJJ8znLPxVCw9MhFshg at mail dot gmail dot com>
> On Jul 10, 2014, at 3:13 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Franzi Edo. <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> As for the version 4.9.0, on OSX stil remain a problem.
>> I cannot build an ARM a cross compiler!
>> Here is the message (same as for the 4.9.0)
>> .../Packages/gcc-4.9.1/gcc/config/arm/neon.md:3486:10917: fatal error:
>> bracket nesting level exceeded maximum of 256
>> .../Packages/gcc-4.9.1/gcc/config/arm/neon.md:3486:10917: note: use
>> -fbracket-depth=N to increase maximum nesting level
>> 32 warnings and 1 error generated.
>> make: *** [insn-attrtab.o] Error 1
> You did not include enough context to be sure, but I don't think that
> error message is coming from GCC. At least, I don't see that error
> message in the GCC sources.
> I think that error message is coming from the host compiler you are
> using, in which case, based on the error message, the solution would
> seem to be
> make CFLAGS="-g -O2 -fbracket-depth=512"
Also i thought we did not support cross building with anything besides gcc.