This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: netgull.com mirror doesn't have gcc release .sig files.
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Engelbrecht <sudoman at ninthfloor dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 11:01:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: netgull.com mirror doesn't have gcc release .sig files.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52E2BB6E dot 6080100 at ninthfloor dot org> <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1407052327390 dot 30120 at tuna dot site>
On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 11:29 PM, Gerald Pfeifer <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2014, Andrew Engelbrecht wrote:
>> there are no .sig files here:
>> i assumed that gcc didn't use gpg for releases, and became very
>> discouraged about the idea of building gcc from source.
>> then i noticed that there are .sig files at ftp.gnu.org and became very
>> happy. :)
> The reason you do not see .sig files on our netgull.com mirror is
> that it mirrors gcc.gnu.org, which does not carry those, whereas
> ftp.gnu.org and hence its mirrors has them.
> Richi, Jakub, can you also add those .sig files to the copies on
> gcc.gnu.org going forward?
Nothing against that ... can you add an action item to releasing.html please?