This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: netgull.com mirror doesn't have gcc release .sig files.
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Andrew Engelbrecht <sudoman at ninthfloor dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2014 23:29:13 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: netgull.com mirror doesn't have gcc release .sig files.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52E2BB6E dot 6080100 at ninthfloor dot org>
On Fri, 24 Jan 2014, Andrew Engelbrecht wrote:
> there are no .sig files here:
> i assumed that gcc didn't use gpg for releases, and became very
> discouraged about the idea of building gcc from source.
> then i noticed that there are .sig files at ftp.gnu.org and became very
> happy. :)
The reason you do not see .sig files on our netgull.com mirror is
that it mirrors gcc.gnu.org, which does not carry those, whereas
ftp.gnu.org and hence its mirrors has them.
Richi, Jakub, can you also add those .sig files to the copies on
gcc.gnu.org going forward?