Re: [GSoC] Question about std::map

On 03/07/2014 19:23, Roman Gareev wrote:
Dear gcc contributors,

could you please answer a few questions about std::map? Does gcc have
a policy that forbids using of map in the source code of gcc? Can this
using create a new installation dependency, which requires libstdc++?
I would be very grateful for your comments.

https://gcc.gnu.org/codingconventions.html#Standard_Library

This suggests that using std::map is allowed. Running "grep 'std::' *"
on gcc, we only find a couple of std::make_pair, std::min and std::max calls, but I don't see why we should not use std::map. I would say go for it if there are no vetos. It seems to be the right tool for what you are aiming for and certainly makes the code a lot more readable.

Cheers,
Tobias