Re: missing symbols in libstdc++.so.6 built from the 4.9 branch

On 01/07/14 09:40, Matthias Klose wrote:
on some linux architectures there are some symbols missing in libstdc++.so.6
built from the 4.9 branch.  I didn't notice before due to a packaging bug.
affected are ARM32, HPPA, SPARC.

  - ARM32 (build log [1], both soft and hard float) are missing
      __aeabi_atexit@CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3
      __aeabi_vec_*

    Can these be ignored?

__aeabi_atexit is the function to be used instead of __cxa_atexit for the arm-none-linux-gnueabi(hf) targets as well as arm-none-eabi.

Grokking around libstdc++-v3 I would have expected config/os/gnu-linux/arm-eabi-extra.ver to have added these symbols in and I'm not sure what's going on here. So prima-facie this is a bug. I wonder if something's broken in the handling of port_specific_symbol_files for arm.

regards
Ramana

  - HPPA (build log [2]), is missing all the future_base symbols and
    exception_ptr13exception symbols, current_exception and
    rethrow_exception.

  - SPARC (build log [3]) configured for sparc64-linux-gnu is missing
    symbols in the 32bit multilib build, although these are present
    in a sparc-linux-gnu build. Missing are same ones as in the HPPA
    build, long double 128 related symbols, numeric_limits, and some
    math symbols.

    Looks like more than one issue is involved, I remember that the
    math symbols were already dropped in earlier versions for other
    architectures. The build is configured -with-long-double-128.

Matthias

[1]
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=gcc-4.9&arch=armhf&ver=4.9.0-8&stamp=1403809654
[2]