This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
missing symbols in libstdc++.so.6 built from the 4.9 branch
- From: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>
- To: "libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: gcc Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, Dave Anglin <dave dot anglin at bell dot net>, Aurelien Jarno <aurel32 at debian dot org>
- Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 10:40:06 +0200
- Subject: missing symbols in libstdc++.so.6 built from the 4.9 branch
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
on some linux architectures there are some symbols missing in libstdc++.so.6
built from the 4.9 branch. I didn't notice before due to a packaging bug.
affected are ARM32, HPPA, SPARC.
- ARM32 (build log , both soft and hard float) are missing
Can these be ignored?
- HPPA (build log ), is missing all the future_base symbols and
exception_ptr13exception symbols, current_exception and
- SPARC (build log ) configured for sparc64-linux-gnu is missing
symbols in the 32bit multilib build, although these are present
in a sparc-linux-gnu build. Missing are same ones as in the HPPA
build, long double 128 related symbols, numeric_limits, and some
Looks like more than one issue is involved, I remember that the
math symbols were already dropped in earlier versions for other
architectures. The build is configured -with-long-double-128.