This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Comparison of GCC-4.9 and LLVM-3.4 performance on SPECInt2000 for x86-64 and ARM
- From: Renato Golin <renato dot golin at linaro dot org>
- To: Eric Christopher <echristo at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, "gcc.gcc.gnu.org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 19:11:49 +0100
- Subject: Re: Comparison of GCC-4.9 and LLVM-3.4 performance on SPECInt2000 for x86-64 and ARM
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53A98705 dot 10909 at redhat dot com> <53A98CE2 dot 9080108 at arm dot com> <53A98F0A dot 7000802 at redhat dot com> <CALehDX44PwxDiUtkSpdBkuE1DHaSmgZKWGFFn1mc_PgwpeEsuw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 24 June 2014 18:16, Eric Christopher <email@example.com> wrote:
> Might want to try asking them to run some comparison numbers though. I
> remember they did before EuroLLVM a while back when we were looking at
> merging our two aarch64 ports.
In that context, "ARM64" was the new (merged into) back-end, "AArch64"
was the old (merged from) back-end.
In this context, the first line of each result is the relevant bit,
though that was from a back-end that doesn't exist (per se) any more,
so should be taken with a grain of salt.