Re: Comparison of GCC-4.9 and LLVM-3.4 performance on SPECInt2000 for x86-64 and ARM

On 24/06/14 15:11, Vladimir Makarov wrote:
   A few people asked me about new performance comparison of latest GCC
and LLVM.  So I've finished it and put it on my site

http://vmakarov.fedorapeople.org/spec/

   The comparison is achievable from 2014 link and links under it in
the left frame.

   These pages are also achievable as

http://vmakarov.fedorapeople.org/spec/2014/2014.html -- what I
compare, my motivation, major results, and my conclusions.

http://vmakarov.fedorapeople.org/spec/2014/llvmgcc64.html -- The
results of comparison on x86-64 SPECInt2000

http://vmakarov.fedorapeople.org/spec/2014/arm.html -- The
results of comparison on ARM SPECInt2000

Interesting ...

On ARM, I note that by default you are generating code for fpu=vfpv3-d16 and armv7-a. Of interest is the fact that you aren't using the Neon unit at all if you configure the compiler with --with-fpu=vfpv3-d16

Did you add any other architecture specific options to your SPEC2k runs ?

regards
Ramana

   If you need exact numbers they can be found in the tables.

   If you have any comments and proposals, please feel free to write
me.  I try to take them into account next year.