This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
vector load Rematerialization!!
- From: Ajit Kumar Agarwal <ajit dot kumar dot agarwal at xilinx dot com>
- To: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Michael Eager <eager at eagercon dot com>, Vinod Kathail <vinodk at xilinx dot com>, Shail Aditya Gupta <shailadi at xilinx dot com>, Vidhumouli Hunsigida <vidhum at xilinx dot com>, Nagaraju Mekala <nmekala at xilinx dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 13:03:24 +0000
- Subject: vector load Rematerialization!!
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=pass (sender IP is 184.108.40.206) smtp dot mailfrom=ajit dot kumar dot agarwal at xilinx dot com;
There has been work done for load rematerialization. Instead of Store and Load of variables they kept in registers for the Live range. Till now we are doing the rematerialization of scalar loads.
Is it feasible to have rematerialization for the vector Loads? This will be helpful to reduce the vectorized Store and Load for the dependencies across the vectorized Loops. I was looking at one of the presentation where there is a mentioned about the Load rematerialization is implemented from GCC 4.8.2 Onwards.
Does this implementation takes care of rematerialization of vector Loads. Can we have this approach?
Please let me know what do you think.
Thanks & Regards