This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Should we be updating copyright years on branches?
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jwakely at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 11:23:07 EDT
- Subject: Re: Should we be updating copyright years on branches?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140613095702 dot GC30729 at redhat dot com> <539B159B dot 2030000 at redhat dot com>
> If a release is made, then the copyright dates ought to be updated in
> files that have changed, at least that's always been my understanding.
Yes, but that update should have been done *when the file was changed*.
Or am I missing something here? Because anybody can take any of the
files at any time, they always have to have an up-to-date copyright notice,
reflecting when changes were made.