Re: Should we be updating copyright years on branches?

On 06/13/14 03:57, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
I just realised that all our source files still say YYYY-2013 on the
4.8 branch, because the branch was created last year and the script to
update all the files in January only gets run on trunk.

Is that a problem, or is it OK for files on the branches to only have
copyright dates up to the point the branch was created?
If a release is made, then the copyright dates ought to be updated in files that have changed, at least that's always been my understanding.

Jeff