This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Should we be updating copyright years on branches?
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 09:15:39 -0600
- Subject: Re: Should we be updating copyright years on branches?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140613095702 dot GC30729 at redhat dot com>
On 06/13/14 03:57, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
If a release is made, then the copyright dates ought to be updated in
files that have changed, at least that's always been my understanding.
I just realised that all our source files still say YYYY-2013 on the
4.8 branch, because the branch was created last year and the script to
update all the files in January only gets run on trunk.
Is that a problem, or is it OK for files on the branches to only have
copyright dates up to the point the branch was created?