This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Should we be updating copyright years on branches?
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 10:57:02 +0100
- Subject: Should we be updating copyright years on branches?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I just realised that all our source files still say YYYY-2013 on the
4.8 branch, because the branch was created last year and the script to
update all the files in January only gets run on trunk.
Is that a problem, or is it OK for files on the branches to only have
copyright dates up to the point the branch was created?
doesn't say anything either way about old branches, which would imply
the copyright year should be updated when making any non-trivial
changes on a branch, as for trunk (except we do it proactively in the
new year for the trunk, not after changes are made).