This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How can I get started as a GCC developer
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Basile Starynkevitch <basile at starynkevitch dot net>
- Cc: Anonymous User <user4294967291 at gmail dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 16:55:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: How can I get started as a GCC developer
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5396DE5E dot 6020108 at gmail dot com> <20140610140054 dot GA23275 at ours dot starynkevitch dot net> <CAH6eHdS+ZcYYwggOsDrLZ1_qnWxuqF4JZO=Wo+0yknxhrry9EA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 10 June 2014 16:38, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 10 June 2014 15:00, Basile Starynkevitch wrote:
>> Once all is done and signed (both by FSF and you or your employer), add your real name in MAINTAINERS file.
> That's not needed until you get write access to the repository, but
> you can submit patches and contribute without write access.
To clarify, I meant adding yourself to the MAINTAINERS file is not
required to contribute (the signed copyright paperwork is needed).