This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: gnat.dg test: div_no_warning.adb
- From: BELBACHIR Selim <selim dot belbachir at fr dot thalesgroup dot com>
- To: BELBACHIR Selim <selim dot belbachir at fr dot thalesgroup dot com>, PARAT Didier <didier dot parat at fr dot thalesgroup dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 15:57:08 +0200
- Subject: RE: gnat.dg test: div_no_warning.adb
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I've noticed that Constraint_error warning produced by gcc/testsuite/gnat.dg/div_no_warning.adb disappears if the target runtime contains :
"Configurable_Run_Time : constant Boolean := False;"
* x86 native gnat contains Configurable_Run_Time := False ==> no warning
* Cross gnat port without full runtime contains Configurable_Run_Time := True ==> warning raised
When I read the description of "Configurable_Run_Time_On_Target : Boolean := False;" in gcc/ada/targparm.ads (which may not be complete) I don't see any relation with this particular constraint error raising.
Can someone explain what are the full impact of Configurable_Run_Time boolean in system.ads and what is the relation between it and the "constant folding for short-circuit control forms" tested by gcc/testsuite/gnat.dg/div_no_warning.adb ?