This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] PR61300 K&R incoming args
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 08:47:28 +0930
- Subject: Re: [RFC] PR61300 K&R incoming args
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140526073809 dot GA6679 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <5388BF98 dot 9030600 at redhat dot com> <20140531063056 dot GW6679 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <5390C2B7 dot 8050200 at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 01:19:19PM -0600, Jeff Law wrote:
> And so the problem you're trying to solve is that when compiling the
> callee. You incorrectly assumed that if there was not a prototype
> for the callee's definition that the caller had set up the save area
> and that you could flush arguments to it. That's not true in the
> case where the caller had a prototype for the callee in-scope (and
> the callee was not a varargs function).
> Right? Just want to make sure I understand the problem.
Australia Development Lab, IBM