Re: lib{atomic, itm}/configure.tgt uses -mcpu=v9 as default for sparc

Hi Eric

>> Removing "-mcpu=v9" allows the build to finalize.
>
> IIRC both libraries require the V9 architecture to work
> properly/efficiently.

I have successfully built without the switch, but I am not sure of the
effects at runtime.

If V9 is indeed required, is there a way to build without those libs? Or
has pre V9 support been dropped at some point?

IMHO an efficiency enhancement should not prevent running less
efficiently on a supported architecture. If target triple is
sparcv9-*-*, the next case will match and will add the "-mcpu=v9" to
XCFLAGS, but adding it for non-v9 sparc-*-* targets is at least weird.

Carlos