Re: Darwin bootstrap failure following wide int merge (was: we are starting the wide int merge)

> Yeah, a portable (C and C++) static assert would be nice.  And also pushing
> this to gmp then.
>
> In the meantime I see nothing wrong in "merging" from GMP.

One question, one comment:

1. can I count your “I see nothing wrong” as an approval, as in “global reviewers can approve changes to any part of the compiler or associated libraries”?

2. I think your quotes around “merging” mean you’re not actually thinking of a merge, but for clarification’s sake: GMP’s longlong.h has apparently a long history of its own, and has many differences with GCC’s version. The closest thing to an “upstream” for us would probably be glibc (see the diff attached), from which we last merged on 2014-04-22.

Thanks,
FX