This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Darwin bootstrap failure following wide int merge (was: we are starting the wide int merge)
- From: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, glisse at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>, Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 23:09:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: Darwin bootstrap failure following wide int merge (was: we are starting the wide int merge)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <97BE9F46-EB35-4B06-9065-915D7259E701 at gmail dot com> <CAFiYyc2YxqhfnBa6vTs9zKqePe75yb9Xkni8XC8HuKCCHRSw5Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <CB041488-1F12-4895-BF8A-8124088EF8E8 at gmail dot com> <20140526104333 dot GD10386 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <D28D6E37-8262-464E-9E58-DEDC68C2F49D at gmail dot com> <ED0799BD-4638-49B5-BC33-5ED63E0D7A7D at gmail dot com> <603EAB4D-4BD3-429E-A47C-9FA782D9FDC4 at comcast dot net>
> Or, I can ask, any objections? In https://gcc.gnu.org/PR61146 it is stated that GMP removed the casts in 2005.
Among the many many versions of longlong.h that one can find around the web, many have don’t have these casts, including GMP and coreutils (http://code.metager.de/source/xref/gnu/coreutils/src/longlong.h).