This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Darwin bootstrap failure following wide int merge (was: we are starting the wide int merge)
- From: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- To: echristo at gmail dot com, stanshebs at earthlink dot net, mikestump at comcast dot net
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, glisse at gcc dot gnu dot org, rdsandiford at googlemail dot com, zadeck at naturalbridge dot com, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 11:22:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: Darwin bootstrap failure following wide int merge (was: we are starting the wide int merge)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <97BE9F46-EB35-4B06-9065-915D7259E701 at gmail dot com>
> This causes GCC bootstrap to fail on Darwin systems (whose system compiler is clang-based). Since PR 61146 was resolved as INVALID (but I’m not sure it’s the right call, see below), I’ve filed a separate report for the bootstrap issue (https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=61315).
Since my PR has been closed twice by Andrew Pinski (“it’s clang’s fault, bouh ouh”), I’d ask the maintainers to step in. Can we please provide a GCC that works for the default darwin setup? Or at least drop darwin as secondary target and document the failure?