This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc 4.8.3 / PR60901
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Kenny Simpson <theonetruekenny at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 12:38:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: gcc 4.8.3 / PR60901
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1400771520 dot 86885 dot YahooMailNeo at web140906 dot mail dot bf1 dot yahoo dot com>
On 22 May 2014 16:12, Kenny Simpson wrote:
> PR60901 is listed in the bug fixes for gcc 4.8.3, but I don't see the patch ever applied to the 4_8 branch in the bug report,
The PR shouldn't have been closed without either changing the Target
Milestone or backporting the patch to the release branches.
> and 4.8.3 is listed as known to fail.
That's not /necessarily/ a contradiction, 4.8.3-prerelease failed and
if it was fixed for the final release the Target Milestone would say
4.8.3 ... but in this case the Target Milestone is wrong and