Re: soft-fp functions support without using libgcc

On 21 May 2014 14:13, Sheheryar Zahoor Qazi
<sheheryar.zahoor.qazi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>Building libgcc is not optional.  It is required for all targets.
>
> So, irrespective whether i provide floating point implementation by
> soft-fp, fpu-bit or ieeelib, an error free libgcc build is a MUST?
>
> What if I dont want to generate calls to libgcc.a but want want gcc to
> generate inline code?

While this is not possible for all calls, a lot of library calls can be
avoided or emitted with a custome ABI by having a suitable expander
in the .md file that emits whatever you want.  E.g., several of the
ARC subtargets/mulitlibs emit inline code for the simpler soft-fp functions,
and custom calls to optimized assembler for medium complexity operations.
You should really read md.texi and look at optabs.def to get a glimpse
of the code generation customization potential of GCC.