Re: soft-fp functions support without using libgcc

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 7:37 AM, Sheheryar Zahoor Qazi
<sheheryar.zahoor.qazi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>If you have a working compiler that is missing some functions
>>>provided by libgcc, that should be sufficient to build libgcc.
> Meaning that even if i am unable build libgcc to my new architecture,
> I should be able to able to provide soft-fp support to the
> architecture?

You need to build soft-fp as part of libgcc.  What I am saying is that
you don't need soft-fp support in order to build libgcc.

> Btw i get the following error when i build gcc:
> configure:2627: error: in
> `/target-arch/target-arch-gcc/builddir/target-arch/libgcc':
> configure:2630: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile

You need to look in target-arch/libgcc/config.log to see what the
problem is.

> And regarding soft-fp, I get the following error when i use soft-fp
> functions in a test program:
> : In function `test':
> (.text+0x0): undefined reference to `__floatsisf'
>  In function `test':
> : In function `test':
> (.text+0x2c): undefined reference to `__mulsf3'
> : In function `test':
> (.text+0x2e): undefined reference to `__fixsfsi'
>
> Is this due to libgcc build fail or it just linking error?

It's because libgcc was not built.

Ian