RE: Roadmap for 4.9.1, 4.10.0 and onwards?

I understand the argument but I am not sure it's the way to go. Even if the project is based on volunteer contributions it would be interesting to have a tentative roadmap. This, I would think, would also help possible beginner volunteers know where to start if they wanted to contribute to the project. So the roadmap could be a list of features (big or small) of bug fixes that we would like fixed for a particular version. Even if we don't want to name it roadmap it would still be interesting to have a list of things that are being worked on or on the process of being merged into mainline and therefore will make it to the next major version.

That being said I know it's hard to set sometime apart to write this kind of thing given most of us prefer to be hacking on GCC. From a newcomer point of view, however, not having things like a roadmap makes it look like the project is heading nowhere.