Re: Roadmap for 4.9.1, 4.10.0 and onwards?

On Tue, 2014-05-20 at 11:09 +0100, Bruce Adams wrote:
> Hi,
>     I've been tracking the latest releases of gcc since 4.7 or so (variously interested in C++1y support, cilk and openmp).
> One thing I've found hard to locate is information about planned inclusions for future releases.
> As much relies on unpredictable community contributions I don't expect there to be a concrete or reliable plan.

> However, equally I'm sure the steering committee have some ideas over what ought
> to be upcoming releases.

As a whole, the steering committee does not have any idea, because GCC
development is based upon volunteer contributions.

However, some members of the steering committee might work in large
organization having a team of GCC contributors. That team might have its
own (private) agenda. But every patch has to be approved by someone
else.

So I don't think that the steering committee knows a lot more than you
and me.

Regards.
*** opinions {are only mine, sont seulement les miennes} ***