Re: soft-fp functions support without using libgcc

>>If you have a working compiler that is missing some functions
>>provided by libgcc, that should be sufficient to build libgcc.
Meaning that even if i am unable build libgcc to my new architecture,
I should be able to able to provide soft-fp support to the
architecture?

Btw i get the following error when i build gcc:
configure:2627: error: in
`/target-arch/target-arch-gcc/builddir/target-arch/libgcc':
configure:2630: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile

And regarding soft-fp, I get the following error when i use soft-fp
functions in a test program:
: In function `test':
(.text+0x0): undefined reference to `__floatsisf'
 In function `test':
: In function `test':
(.text+0x2c): undefined reference to `__mulsf3'
: In function `test':
(.text+0x2e): undefined reference to `__fixsfsi'

Is this due to libgcc build fail or it just linking error?

>>In other words, if you want soft-fp for IEEE float, the job should be very simple because that has already been done.  If you want soft-fp for CDC 6000 float, you have to do a full implementation of that.
Actually i want soft-fp for standard IEEE 754

Sheheryar