This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Supported targets
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Bruce Adams <tortoise_74 at yahoo dot co dot uk>
- Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 13:17:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: Supported targets
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1400581597 dot 78397 dot YahooMailNeo at web172203 dot mail dot ir2 dot yahoo dot com> <1904840 dot BugjKPH2UI at polaris> <CAH6eHdSH8jXJt-GJj-+19zfr4WJa7WR7RjKYgzyD3iSb96aptw at mail dot gmail dot com> <2186051 dot yixhe4CLPb at polaris>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 01:14:24PM +0200, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > > Yes, glibc 2.4 is required for GCC 4.9 because of this.
> > Should that be noted at
> > https://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#x-x-linux-gnu ?
> Probably, unless someone knows how to work around it. We traced it to the
> missing AS_NEEDED in /usr/lib/libc.so:
> /* GNU ld script
> Use the shared library, but some functions are only in
> the static library, so try that secondarily. */
> GROUP ( /lib/libc.so.6 /usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a AS_NEEDED ( /lib/ld-
> linux.so.2 ) )
But that should be generally needed only when linking with -Wl,-z,defs ,
without it the linker shouldn't care.