This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Offload Library
- From: Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>
- To: Thomas Schwinge <thomas at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 16:54:56 +0400
- Subject: Re: Offload Library
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140516114748 dot GA28112 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <87d2fd637i dot fsf at kepler dot schwinge dot homeip dot net>
On 16 May 19:30, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
> On Fri, 16 May 2014 15:47:58 +0400, Kirill Yukhin <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > To support the offloading features for Intel's Xeon Phi cards
> > we need to add a foreign library (liboffload) into the gcc repository.
> As written in the README, this library currently is specific to Intel
> hardware (understandably, of course), and I assume also in the future is
> to remain that way (?) -- should it thus get a more specific name in GCC,
> than the generic liboffload?
Yes, this library generates calls to Intel specific Coprocessor offload
I think, that name of library maybe changed, and when Iâll submit the patch
We'll discuss it.
> > Additionally to that sources we going to add few headers [...]
> > and couple of new sources
> For interfacing with GCC, presumably. You haven't stated it explicitly,
> but do I assume right that this work will be going onto the
> gomp-4_0-branch, integrated with the offloading work developed there, as
> a plugin for libgomp?
Not exactly. I was talking about COI emulator, which will allow to
perform testing of offload w/o any external library dependency and HW.
Libgomp <-> liboffload plug-in is also ready, but it need no such an approval,
so itâll be submitted as separate patch.