Re: Offload Library

Hi!

On Fri, 16 May 2014 15:47:58 +0400, Kirill Yukhin <kirill.yukhin@gmail.com> wrote:
>         To support the offloading features for Intel's Xeon Phi cards
> we need to add a foreign library (liboffload) into the gcc repository.

As written in the README, this library currently is specific to Intel
hardware (understandably, of course), and I assume also in the future is
to remain that way (?) -- should it thus get a more specific name in GCC,
than the generic liboffload?

> Additionally to that sources we going to add few headers [...]
> and couple of new sources

For interfacing with GCC, presumably.  You haven't stated it explicitly,
but do I assume right that this work will be going onto the
gomp-4_0-branch, integrated with the offloading work developed there, as
a plugin for libgomp?

GrÃÃe,
 Thomas