This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC driver to "Compile twice, score the assembly, choose the best"?
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: "Ian Bolton" <ian dot bolton at arm dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 13:58:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: GCC driver to "Compile twice, score the assembly, choose the best"?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <44158 dot 8584021249$1400154459 at news dot gmane dot org>
"Ian Bolton" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I was wondering if the "gcc" driver could be made to invoke
> "cc1" twice, with different flags, and then just keep the
> better of the two .s files that comes out?
How do you define "better"?
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, email@example.com
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."