RE: GCC driver to "Compile twice, score the assembly, choose the best"?

Thanks for the quick response.

> On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 1:46 PM, Ian Bolton <ian.bolton@arm.com> wrote:
> > Hi, fellow GCC developers!
> >
> > I was wondering if the "gcc" driver could be made to invoke
> > "cc1" twice, with different flags, and then just keep the
> > better of the two .s files that comes out?
>
> I'd be interested in your .s comparison tool that decides which one
> is better!

Well, yes, that's the hard part and it could be done a number of ways.

I think it would make a good contest actually, or summer coding
project.  Or at least a nice subject for brainstorming at the GNU
Cauldron. :)

Cheers,
Ian