This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 4.8.3 Status Report, branch frozen for release (2014-05-15)
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 07:32:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: GCC 4.8.3 Status Report, branch frozen for release (2014-05-15)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1405151124450 dot 6093 at zhemvz dot fhfr dot qr>
On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 5:27 AM, Richard Biener <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> The 4.8 branch is now frozen as I am preparing a first release
> candidate for 4.8.3. All patches to the branch now require
> explicit approval from release managers.
Please hold off on GCC 4.8.3. powerpc-linux has a potentially serious
ABI incompatibility issue related to the HTM support backported to the