This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Live range shrinkage in pre-reload scheduling
- From: Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim dot kuvyrkov at linaro dot org>
- To: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at arm dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>, Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 07:53:50 +1200
- Subject: Re: Live range shrinkage in pre-reload scheduling
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5371F395 dot 8050208 at arm dot com>
On May 13, 2014, at 10:27 PM, Kyrill Tkachov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> In haifa-sched.c (in rank_for_schedule) I notice that live range shrinkage is not performed when SCHED_PRESSURE_MODEL is used and the comment mentions that it results in much worse code.
> Could anyone elaborate on this? Was it just empirically noticed on x86_64?
+ Richard Sandiford who wrote SCHED_PRESSURE_MODEL