requisites for soft-fp support for a new target

Hi,
I am working on an 18-bit opensource soft-core processor at my
university. My task is to emulate floating point operation since there
is no hardware unit for float operations. I have the cross compiler
and binutils for my target. But upon calling atest program, it gives
the following error:

: In function `test':
(.text+0x0): undefined reference to `__floatsisf'
 In function `test':
: In function `test':
(.text+0x2c): undefined reference to `__mulsf3'
: In function `test':
(.text+0x2e): undefined reference to `__fixsfsi'

I realize there needs a machine dependent sfp-machine.h file and I
have it for my architecture modified. Can anyone explain me the
changes required to be make in the config.gcc file to link my target
to soft-fp libraries? and do I need any more changes in gcc build?

Thanks

Sheheryar