This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Live range shrinkage in pre-reload scheduling
- From: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at arm dot com>
- To: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>, Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim dot kuvyrkov at linaro dot org>
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 11:27:33 +0100
- Subject: Live range shrinkage in pre-reload scheduling
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
In haifa-sched.c (in rank_for_schedule) I notice that live range shrinkage is
not performed when SCHED_PRESSURE_MODEL is used and the comment mentions that it
results in much worse code.
Could anyone elaborate on this? Was it just empirically noticed on x86_64?