Re: [GSoC] How to get started with the isl code generation

On 12/05/2014 20:35, Roman Gareev wrote:
Hi Tobias,

thank you for your advice!

On the other side, I think it is a good idea to simultaneously keep track of
the design you have in mind and the first steps you are planning to take.
Even though the full design may still need some time,
some basic decisions can probably already be taken and maybe even
implemented. Staying in some way close to the coding you will do,
may be helpful to direct your code inspections to areas of code that
will be important for your implementation.

E.g. just setting up a second code generation in parallel that does
minimal work (generates no code at all), but that can be enabled by a
command line flag might be a first start.

Hi Roman,

I agree with this. I'll start setting up a second code generation as
soon as I achieve success with separate ISL AST generation.

what is the difference you see between ISL AST generation and code generation?

What are your plans to separate the ISL AST generation? Do you foresee any difficulties/problems?

Cheers,
Tobias