This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ssl support for https://gcc.gnu.org/
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 15:28:40 +0000
- Subject: Re: ssl support for https://gcc.gnu.org/
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <y0mk39r6oz5 dot fsf at fche dot csb>
On Mon, 12 May 2014, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> One complication is the use of literal <link ref="http://gcc.gnu.org/FOO"...>
> type data inside many of the web pages, including the front page. These
> should be switched to something like <link ref="/FOO"> to make them work
> both with http and https.
I'm pretty sure most of those links are done that way so they work for the
copy of the webpages on www.gnu.org (which doesn't include list archives,
Bugzilla etc., and has the pages at /software/gcc/ rather than at /).
They could be converted to protocol-relative links
(href="//gcc.gnu.org/FOO") - that's what Wikipedia does for links that
should go to http or https according to how the page with the link is
being accessed - or simply all be changed to https (I don't think browsers
should object to https content such as stylesheets referenced by an http
page, only the other way round).
Joseph S. Myers