Re: implementation question

On 05/05/2014 08:47 AM, Richard Biener wrote:
> It really depends on how "3x" should materialize in the end.
> How do you triplicate ops with side-effects?  If you only
> triplicate ops without side-effects what is the sink that keeps
> the duplicated ops live?

The vote, surely.  CSE would be absolutely determined to get rid of
all this redundant work.  I guess it'd all have to be done very late
or we'd need a new node that CSE can't see through.

Would it be enough to mark all nodes that go into the vote as volatile?
I guess not: we wouldn't want to generate extra memory traffic.

Andrew.