This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: jump_table_data and active_insn_p
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Paulo Matos <pmatos at broadcom dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 11:11:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: jump_table_data and active_insn_p
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <19EB96622A777C4AB91610E763265F464313C4 at SJEXCHMB14 dot corp dot ad dot broadcom dot com>
On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Paulo Matos wrote:
> Why is jump_table_data an active_insn?
> active_insn_p (const_rtx insn)
> return (CALL_P (insn) || JUMP_P (insn)
> || JUMP_TABLE_DATA_P (insn) /* FIXME */
> || (NONJUMP_INSN_P (insn)
> && (! reload_completed
> || (GET_CODE (PATTERN (insn)) != USE
> && GET_CODE (PATTERN (insn)) != CLOBBER))));
> It is clear that someone [Steven Bosscher] thought it needs fixing but what's the problem with just removing it from the OR-expression?
Places using active_insn_p, next_active_insn, prev_active_insn, etc.,
need to be audited to make sure it's safe to remove JUMP_TABLE_DATA
from the OR-expression.
I've done most of that work, but it needs finishing and for that I
need to find some time.