Re: Secondary platform change request

> On 04/30/14 21:56, Wolf wrote:
>>
>> Since the original MinGW refuses to support 64-bit, I would like to
>> discuss whether we should remove i686-mingw32 from the secondary
>> platforms list and replace it with MinGW-w64.
>
> Kai should probably chime in here with his recommendation on the technical
> side.  If/when Kai thinks this is appropriate on the pure technical merits,
> then I'm more than happy to propose the change to the steering committee for
> the next major GCC release.
>
> jeff

Well, from my POV we should do two things for next major release.
First, we should add x86_64 cygwin target to the list of secondary
targets.  And also i?86/x86_64-*-mingw* targets.

It is true that mingw-w64's toolchain supports 32-bit and 64-bit IAs.
Additionally it is working right now to add support for ARM
architectures (v7 and v8).  Patches for this will reach gcc/binutils
soon.

It is right that we don't have an active contributors/maintainers of
side of mingw.org anymore.  All active development and contributions
in this area are done right now from mingw-w64's communtiy AFAICS.
All windows targets (cygwin & mingw) are right now maintained by me as
other maintainers for these targets seems to be MIA.  So naturally I
would vote to add here instead of mingw.org the mingw-w64 toolchain.

Kai