This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][RFC] Always require a 64bit HWI
- From: John David Anglin <dave dot anglin at bell dot net>
- To: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 19:12:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][RFC] Always require a 64bit HWI
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1404291307480 dot 18709 at zhemvz dot fhfr dot qr> <5360029F dot 5020207 at redhat dot com> <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1404301011020 dot 18709 at zhemvz dot fhfr dot qr>
On 30-Apr-14, at 4:16 AM, Richard Biener wrote:
Testing coverage for non-64bit hwi configs is really low these
days (I know of only 32bit hppa-*-* that is still built and
tested semi-regularly - Dave, I suppose the host compiler
has a 64bit long long type there, right?).
I'm OK with this change as I know this causes support issues. The HP
C compiler and aCC have long long. This is not an issue for linux. I
people can find HP-UX GCC binaries on the net.
John David Anglin email@example.com